Monday 3 August 2015

#MondayMotivation


Don't hide behind masks, fans or whatever else you hide behind. Yes Monday's here and you might be counting down the days until the weekend but no matter how you feel in your job or daily routine, I'm hoping my advice below will help :)

I have done literally s**t, fun and labouring jobs - you name it. I may only be 25 but I worked since I was 14 years old which meant that my mum's friends were willing to help me earn some work ethic and pocket money...which weren't always going to be glamourous. I cleaned nightclubs, worked in ASDA, Topshop, coffee shops and so many more places; constantly being humorously (looking back now) patronised and undermined. Getting up 4am in most jobs was tiresome, but I soon learnt how to get by knowing that you have to do some things in life you just don't want to do.

Step 1: go to bed, wipe the slate clean.
Step 2: wake up with the mindset that it's a new day; anything's possible.
Step 3: get excited about what style of clothes, makeup, hair you'll coordinate - for men, perhaps who you'll meet, and yes, what'll you'll wear to make yourself feel and look presentable that day (no matter what job, it never hurts to look smart).
Step 4: set small goals for yourself and I mean, pretty small and achievable in a week or even in a day depending on the nature of your work.
Organisation and preparation is key for a calm mind - it allows your mind time to breathe, not feel rushed and able to take your time doing the things you actually enjoy. So get organised if you're not already, and give your mind more time for you. 

#HappyMonday


No comments:

Post a Comment