Wednesday 19 August 2015

Bullying: You're Not Alone


I have decided to blog about something non-music related: bullying

It happens every day, in every situation but it starts at school and even at home. I have a decade's experience being severely bullied at school. No reason was ever given to me as to why I was, but I see similar traits in children who I know are being bullied at school. To be honest, the answer doesn't matter. 

I wish I had more guts to deal with the problems to stop the pain it was causing not only me, but my family. The school did nothing and my family felt powerless. My mum told me it would pass and my dad told me to physically fight back. Words helped, but putting them in to practice wasn't easy.  

Time was the only cure. But, I wish I had someone to go through it with to make the pain easier and time fly quicker. Kids are mean, just as adults are. They slapped me, called me names, told me I was better off dead, and I couldn't go to the school loos without being hounded by girls in my cubicle. 


I believe my naivety got me through it. If I was wiser, I might have ended it all. But my family were my rock - keeping my innocent and sheltering me from the wildness of the world and cruel it can continue to be.


I want to be there for others being bullied right now. I want to tell those of you who are going through this terrible motion that it will be OK. Create distractions, go to that happy place where it goes quiet and find ways to express yourself so that it's out and anger isn't kept inside. 

The bullies become the pitied, they come from problems at home and have reasons for being the way they are, as do you. Try to find a way to help them despite them taking it out on you. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer for at the end of the day, sometimes the feared are themselves fearful; they're hiding behind a mask and disguised as a villain.

My old bullies are low down in the world and I have gone on to better things; I want to share news with you that it DOES get better. The 'dark decade' taught me to be strong, creative and who I am today.

Making music is my cure. Find yours. Contact me if you need someone to talk to as well.
Visit: www.theyasminnatasha.com for details.

Don't go through it alone, because you're not alone!
x-x-x

No comments:

Post a Comment