Wednesday 31 August 2016

Old Fashioned Fun: Beauty of Word Searches

I'm most likely going to sound like the biggest nerd but since I fell under the misfortune of becoming unemployed (back in March 2016) I had to keep my brain ticking ready for the next career path I was to embark on. It's a familiar hobby of mine which I usually get into when on holiday on a white beach, staring at the crisp, clear ocean whilst sweating buckets in the sun...can you guess it? I'm talking about the ol' fashion word search puzzle.

I'd forgotten how obsessed I was as a kid with it! When I was unemployed and struggled to sleep as I wasn't using my brain as much as I was used to, I found word searches to be the ultimate cure; specially since I hate reading. I swear, I was never diagnosed with dyslexia but I canne bloomin read a couple of pages without having to go back about a hundred times to remind me of what was going on in the story (I don't think I'm alone here...). 

Every evening I'd get the word search out and just complete a few then find it easy to get to sleep. I also would make the most of the sunshine we've had this summer in the UK to go to a local park for a break from the dreaded job hunt and do a few there too. I now carry it with me EVERYWHERE! 

Call me a nerd, but don't knock it until you've tried it peeps! If you're struggling to focus or take your mind off something and quite frankly, had enough of your mates Facebook posts then give it a go. It doesn't intimidate you, it doesn't comment and it makes you feel darn proud when you complete a hard one lol...

You can buy 'em from most convenience & book stores. Go on! Let me know what you think too.

No comments:

Post a Comment